Birds and Bark – Owner
Aug 2017 – Present
• Conceptualized branding of wildlife photography business.
• Designed e-commerce website to allow for online sales.
• Gained 2,500 followers on Instagram and 500 on Facebook.
• Collaborated with Tourism Nanaimo to write a blog on their website.
Island Crisis Care Society – Special Projects
May 2017 – Present
• Created website for More Room for Hope, a two-million-dollar fundraising campaign to expand the society’s women’s shelter.
• Produced More Room for Hope video series that explores women’s homelessness on Vancouver Island.
• Wrote a profile highlighting a past client’s success and a long-form article on harm reduction.
Navigator Student Press – Associate Editor
September 2016 – Present
• Provided editorial leadership to a team of twelve in publishing monthly print magazine.
• Uploaded and managed online version of the magazine using WordPress.
• Composed feature stories and photo essays on a multitude of topics, including addiction, Canadian literature, and local tourism.
Portal Magazine – Managing Editor
September 2016 – April 2017
• Managed team of twenty to ensure production of literary magazine ran efficiently.
• Facilitated communication and mediated disagreements.
• Edited several writing types, including fiction, non-fiction, and poetry.
• Spoke on behalf of magazine at public events and fundraisers.
Autism BC – Research Grant Writer
May 2016 – February 2017
• Wrote fourteen informational guides for people with autism and their families.
• Wrote and edited grant proposals to support program funding.
Vancouver Island University
2014 – 2019
Bachelor of Arts, Creative Writing, Journalism, 4.1 GPA
• 2017/2018 and 2018/2019 BC Arts Council Scholarship
• Blodwyn Memorial Prize (First Place, Poetry)
• Mary Garland Coleman Prize in Lyric Poetry
• Kevin Roberts Poetry Award
• Pat Bevan Poetry Scholarship
• Barry Broadfoot Award for Journalism/Creative Non-Fiction